The Uptown Art Fair


Paintings and illustrations from 2008 and early 2009. I gave these away at the Uptown Art Fair in 2009. At the time, there was a lot construction going on so I scouted those locations where I would install the "free recession gallery". I attached the artwork with twine to fences that were being used to close off the construction area, and used a cardboard sign with the above slogan. The purpose was to do something that most would not by giving away free artwork. Secondly, I was tired of seeing the same dull artwork year after year. And honestly, I was also tired of looking at my own artwork, so this was a good opportunity to rid of it.  The construction was the demise of the Uptown Bar (very great memories here), and the remodel of Figlio's to Il Gatto. 









No comments:

Post a Comment